College of Health Professions
In this section
Online Master’s Degree Program Options for Dietetic Interns
Prepare for the 2024 graduate degree requirement — enroll now in a fully online and asynchronous Master’s Degree program.
Are you wondering how you’ll meet the 2024 graduate degree requirement to become eligible for the registration examination for dietitians? Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU) can help you meet this requirement and save money on tuition if you are also currently enrolled in one of our partner dietetic internship programs.
RFU offers six online master’s degrees that provide an exceptional way for dietetic interns to reach their professional goals and become leaders in the nutrition and dietetics profession. These master's degrees are designed to enable students to gain a competitive edge for positions in administration, dietetics, nutrition education, food industry, health promotion and wellness, and research.
Choose From Six Online Master’s Degree Programs
Dietetic interns can choose to earn their master’s degree in Clinical and Lifestyle Nutrition, Nutrition Education, Lifestyle Medicine, Health Administration, Health Professions Education, or Population Health.
Combined Master of Science/Dietetic Internship (Combined MS/DI)
RFUMS and UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Dietetic Internship offer a 20-month program that combines graduate coursework in either the Nutrition Education or Clinical and Lifestyle Nutrition degree programs and the Dietetic Internship.
Dietetic Intern Scholarship
Individuals currently enrolled in one of our partner dietetic internship programs listed below can apply for a 15% tuition scholarship toward one of the above online master’s degree programs offered through RFU’s College of Health Professions. Here’s how to qualify:
- The scholarship is contingent upon documentation of current enrollment in one of our partner internship programs below as documented by a letter of recommendation from your internship director.
- UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial Dietetic Internship
- Gulf Coast Dietetic Internship
- Harper College Dietetic Internship
- Hebrew Rehabilitation Center Dietetic Internship Program
- New York Distance Dietetic Internship
- NutraCo Dietetic Internship
- Nutrition Ink Dietetic Internship Program
- Priority Nutrition Care Distance Dietetic Internship
- St. Cloud Hospital Dietetic Internship Program
- Continuance of the scholarship is contingent upon maintenance of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the internship and RFU master’s program curriculum.
- Other conditions may apply so consult the internship director at your site for complete application and admission requirements.
How to Apply
- Applicants who wish to participate in the online programs pathway should follow the application processes listed on the RFU website.
- A separate letter from the partner dietetics internship program director documenting successful enrollment in the dietetics internship program is required.
- Meet the requirements in the RFU academic catalog in use at the time of application.
Why Should Dietetic Interns Choose RFU?
- Fully Online and Asynchronous. Our online master’s programs provide the flexibility that busy dietetic interns need to reach their professional goals. No required on campus or synchronous course attendance means you can meet the weekly course requirements on your schedule.
- Individualized Learning Activities. Choose projects and assignments of personal or professional relevance that allow you the opportunity to develop an area of expertise and growth.
- 9 Hours of Transfer Credits. Students may receive up to 9 hours of transfer credits from approved previous transcripted coursework that align with their educational goals.
- Interprofessional Focus. Studies show that team-based care improves patient health outcomes. At RFU, students in different health professions programs learn about, from and with each other as a means to coordinate and improve patient care.
- Independent Study Opportunities. Merge your internship interests into independent study opportunities for required elective courses.
Dietetic internship directors who want to learn more about partnering with us in preparing your interns to be leaders in the profession of nutrition and dietetics should reach out to our program director, Melissa Bernstein, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND, DipACLM via email at email@example.com.