Health Professions Education (MS)
College of Health Professions
In this section
In this section
This distance-learning program is designed for self-motivated, experienced healthcare professionals who are ready to further their careers and become leaders in educating healthcare professionals. Your coursework is completed completely online, allowing you to manage your schedule according to your needs.
When you’ve completed your Master of Science in Health Professions Education, you will be able to:
- Understand how to teach a variety of students with different learning styles, using presentation techniques that successfully reach students with diverse needs.
- Design coursework around the combination of accreditation requirements and student needs.
- Evaluate student performance and assess program outcomes.
- Demonstrate leadership as a health professions educator.
- Available on your schedule. Participate whenever and wherever you have access to a computer and the Internet.
- With 47 quarter hours, the graduate degree can be completed in less than two years – 21 months, to be exact. However, students have as long as five years to complete the program.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in the field, as well as recognized professionals in online teaching.
- Orientation to online learning is provided. For those new to this style of education, you’ll start off on the right foot, with the tools you need to succeed.
- Chat and email functions allow for virtual classroom discussions to take place with faculty and classmates at any time, from anywhere.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is optimized for effective online learning, with typically 10 or fewer students per instructor.
- Ongoing, individualized guidance allows faculty to assist you in meeting your educational goals.
- Capstone project ties together your educational experience.