Health Professions Education (Cert)
College of Health Professions
In this section
In this section
This 15-quarter-hour program (equivalent of nine semester hours), distance-learning program will provide you with an opportunity to begin developing skills necessary for educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. The overall goal is to prepare healthcare professionals and students to transition from clinician to educator. The certificate is offered as a series of four courses that use an interprofessional approach. Content includes learning theory, instructional design, course development and assessment, and presentation skills. The program takes place completely online and is designed for self-motivated, experienced healthcare professionals who are ready to further their careers and become leaders in educating healthcare professionals.
When you’ve completed your Certificate in Health Professions Education, you will be able to:
- Understand various learning styles and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Develop a course or module of study in an area of healthcare expertise
- Assess student performance in the classroom.
- Suggest research designs that will provide supportive evidence of best practices.
- Available on your schedule. Participate whenever and wherever you have access to a computer and the Internet.
- With 15 quarter hours, the certificate is designed to be completed in nine months.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in the field, as well as recognized professionals in online teaching.
- Orientation to online learning is provided. For those new to this style of education, you’ll start off on the right foot, with the tools you need to succeed.
- Takes place completely online; there is no on-campus requirement.
- Virtual Classroom technology allows you to discuss current topics with faculty and classmates at any time, from anywhere.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is optimized for effective online learning, with typically 10 or fewer students per instructor.
- Ongoing, individualized guidance allows faculty to assist you in meeting your educational goals.