Chicago Medical School
In this section
Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital is a 179-bed facility located 50 miles outside of Chicago. At the hospital, residents will care for and experience the inpatient environment. Selected residents will receive their continuity clinic training at the Medical Office Building connected to the hospital.
Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital is the region’s leading provider of advanced cardiovascular treatments through the Northwestern Medicine Hart and Vascular Care Center. It is also home to the Sage Cancer Center and the Family Birth Center. As part of Northwestern Medicine Health System, Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital achieved Magnet designation for nursing excellence.
Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital provides sophisticated treatments and advanced technology to address the most serious medical conditions. These include:
- Open-heart surgery and heart catheterizations
- Joint replacement surgeries
- A Level II Trauma Center and on-site Flight for Life helicopter
- Certified chest pain and stroke centers
- Advanced cancer treatments including radiation and medical oncology
- Labor and delivery with on-site 24/7 obstetrics and neonatology hospitalists
- Intensive care
- Medical-surgical care and 24/7 hospitalist care
- Outpatient surgery
- State-of-the-art medical imaging
The Northwest Region opened a new Internal Medicine Residency Clinic in Woodstock to provide care to patients and serve as the home to all Internal Medicine residents in the Northwest Region.
This move aligns with best practices for residencies by consolidating the residents from five locations to one, and provides a more consistent experience for patients and residents. Regional Medical Group Internist Erin Davis-Delay, MD, serve as attending physician, with support from RMG internists Lindsay Esch, MD, and Barbara Burrell, MD.
The clinic offers primary care to adults of all ages, including:
- Patients on Medicaid
- Patients who are discharged from hospitals with no identified primary care provider
- Regional Medical Group patients who are unable to see their primary care provider because of scheduling conflicts