In this section
Pharmacy CE Information
This program is jointly provided by the Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists. The Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Registrants at the conference may earn a maximum of 6.75 contact hours or 0.675 CEUs. No partial credit will be awarded. Type of Activity: Knowledge-based
Women in Medicine and Science: Gender Bias under the Microscope – Part 1
- Describe the role of gender norms in the history of health care practice and dissemination of scientific knowledge.
- Discuss women's progress and barriers in science and health care.
- Recognize the dynamic interrelationship between science, medicine, and society through history.
- Identify skills and strategies that can address gender bias in health care and science.
ACPE Universal Activity Number: 0121-9999-16-052-L04-P
3.5 contact hours or 0.35 CEUs
Women in Medicine and Science: Gender Bias under the Microscope – Part 2
- Describe the human mind's conscious and unconscious modes of operation relative to our interaction with others.
- Discuss how the "leaky pipeline" undermines women's advancement in science.
- List strategies for overcoming the social and structural barriers that deter talented women and under-represented minorities from scientific careers.
- Discuss opportunities to overcome implicit bias as a means to advance health care and research.
ACPE Universal Activity Number: 0121-9999-16-053-L04-P
3.25 contact hours or 0.325 CEUs
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Continuing Pharmacy Education: In order to receive continuing pharmacy education credit, meeting attendees will need to access CESally.com to complete evaluations and report credits to CPE Monitor. CESally.com is a website designed to meet the educational needs of health-system pharmacists. Instructions will be provided at the CPE program. Your credit will be reported to CPE Monitor upon successfully completing all requirements.
Faculty Disclosure: It is the policy of the Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists (ICHP) to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its education programs. In accordance with this policy, faculty must disclose to the participants any significant relationships with commercial companies whose products or devices may be mentioned in faculty presentations, or with the commercial supporter of these continuing pharmacy education programs.