In this section
EHS training is a combination of classroom, self-directed, and online on the University Desire2Learn (D2L) website. Training will vary depending on your job responsibilities. Contact EHS for your training requirements.
EHS - Notify employee of training requirements.
Employee - Complete all training prior to working in the lab.
Principal Investigator - Verify employee has completed all training prior to allowing them to work in the lab.
During new employee orientation, lab employees will receive a paper copy of the Chemical Hygiene Plan. They must read the plan and return the signed acknowledgement form prior to working in the lab. Signatures are required from both the employee and their PI.
Within 72 hours, EHS will send the new employee an email with a list of courses they are required to complete and instructions on how to use D2L.
Current Employees who Change Jobs
When a current employee changes jobs, EHS will review their new job responsibilities and email them a list of courses they are required to complete and instructions on how to use D2L
Annual Refresher Training
Employees will be notified by EHS when their annual refresher training is due with instructions on how to complete the training
EHS will send a reminder to the employee and their supervisor when training is overdue.
Instructions to access D2L Training
- Copy and paste the following website address into your browser to access D2L.http://d2l.rosalindfranklin.edu
- Log into D2L by using your university ID and D2L password.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link at the bottom of the D2L homepage and you will be able to reset it. If you still have problems after resetting your password, email D2L.firstname.lastname@example.org and they can assist you.
- Once you are logged into D2L, click on My Home in the top left corner of the website.
- To enroll and take the course, complete the following steps.
- Click on Self-Registration in the upper right portion of the website
- Scroll down and click on the correct course link titled (i.e. EHS506 Chemical Hygiene Plan, EHS514 Biosafety, etc.)
- A new window will open, click the Register button
- Enter your University/D2L username (i.e. John.Doe) and Program (EHS), then click the Submit button.
- Confirm your registration by clicking the Finish button.
- A registration summary window will open. You can begin taking the course by clicking the link that says Go to course offering (i.e. EHS506 Chemical Hygiene Plan, EHS514 Biosafety, etc.) or click the Done button and the course will be listed in "My Courses" at the bottom of the D2L website.
- To complete these training courses, you must successfully pass the quiz with a grade of 80% or higher. You have unlimited attempts and can keep the power point presentation open while taking the quiz.