Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
In this section
The courses below are required for admission. You may apply while coursework is in progress:
|Subject||Semester Hours||Quarter Hours|
|General Biology with Lab||8||12|
|General Chemistry with Lab||8||12|
|Organic Chemistry with Lab *||8||12|
|Physics with Lab||8||12|
* May substitute Biochemistry for Organic Chemistry 2
- Completion of 90 semester hours of undergraduate academic work at an accredited college or university prior to matriculation into the program.
- Competitive overall and science GPA’s.
- See our Class Profile for more information.
- Competitive scores on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT).
- Only scores from tests taken from 2015 and beyond are accepted.
- Applicants are encouraged to take the MCAT by January of the enrollment year.
- Applicants who plan to complete the MCAT in the winter or spring should submit an application prior to taking the test so that admission evaluation is not delayed.
- Scholl College will not offer acceptances to candidates who have pending MCAT scores, have a test date scheduled or have not released their scores. Interviewed applicants will have their file placed on hold until official MCAT scores are received by the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine Application Service (AACPMAS).
Letters of Recommendation
- One individual letter of recommendation or one committee letter is recommended but not required
- We prefer letters from science faculty members who have taught you in a class. For applicants currently pursuing or that have completed an advanced degree (MS, PhD, etc.), the Admissions Committee prefers the letter of recommendation comes from the advisor or the program director.
- One additional letter of recommendation must be from a DPM confirming a shadowing experience.
- Letters are accepted via Interfolio (either directly or through AACPMAS), VirtualEval or sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment.
Podiatric Medical Exposure
- Demonstration of interest and understanding of the podiatric medical field and its various components.
- To inquire about virtual shadowing sessions with Scholl Faculty, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstration of leadership characteristics through academic or community service activities.
- Demonstration of commitment to public service through a variety of humanitarian activities.
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.