Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
In this section
The courses below are required for admission. You may apply while coursework is in progress:
|Course||Semester Hours||Quarter Hours|
|General Biology with Lab||12||18|
|General Chemistry with Lab||8||12|
|Organic Chemistry with Lab *||8||12|
|Physics with Lab||8||12|
* May substitute Biochemistry for Organic Chemistry 2
- Completion of 90 semester hours of undergraduate academic work at an accredited college or university prior to matriculation into the program.
- Competitive overall and science GPA’s.
- See our Class Profile for more information.
- Competitive scores on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT).
- Only scores from tests taken no more than three years prior to the enrollment year are accepted.
- Applicants are encouraged to take the MCAT by January of the enrollment year.
Letters of Recommendation
- One individual letter of recommendation or one committee letter is required
- We prefer letters from science faculty members who have taught you in a class. For applicants currently pursuing or that have completed an advanced degree (MS, PhD, etc.), the Admissions Committee prefers the letter of recommendation comes from the advisor or the program director.
- One additional letter of recommendation must be from a DPM confirming a shadowing experience.
- Letters are accepted via VirtualEval or Interfolio or should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment.
Podiatric Medical Exposure
Demonstration of interest and understanding of the podiatric medical field and its various components.
Demonstration of leadership characteristics through academic or community service activities.
Demonstration of commitment to public service through a variety of humanitarian activities.
Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.