College of Health Professions
In this section
Visit RFUCAS to complete your application. Applications must be completed by the deadline to be considered for acceptance.
Fall (One start term)
The application will become available in January 2018 for enrollment for fall 2018.
In addition to the university’s minimum requirements, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Prerequisite: Grade of B or higher in a graduate level statistics course.
- Prior Degree: Master’s degree or clinical doctorate in a healthcare related field such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutrition, physician assistant studies, nursing, clinical laboratory sciences or others from an accredited college or university.
- Grade-Point Average (GPA): Minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the master’s degree or professional doctorate.
- Be a licensed, registered, certified or otherwise credentialed healthcare professional in the United States.
- At least two years of experience in the professional discipline.
- Students are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or equivalent.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) may be required if:
- The student entering who earned a master’s degree outside the U.S. and/or who does not hold U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency must present proof of English proficiency via an official TOEFL report that includes a total score and category scores in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Minimum scores for the Internet Based Test (IBT) of 100 or the equivalent is recommended for graduate school with no category score being lower than 22.
- Test scores must be a test date within two years of the date from when a complete application is submitted.
- The language test score requirement may be waived if an applicant has demonstrated academic success as a full-time student at a U.S. college or university for at least two consecutive years, or if the applicant is from a country in which English is a primary language.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required from those who are familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities and can speak to the applicant’s potential to succeed in a doctoral program.
- Students who completed a master’s degree at RFU must also present a letter of support from the Department Chair of their master’s program. (This applicant would submit a total of 3 letters.)
- Personal Statement: Applicants are required to submit a statement indicating why they wish to enroll in the program.
- Writing Sample: Applicants are required to submit a self-selected example that they consider to be their best written work demonstrating the applicant’s ability to think and write critically.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: A resume or curriculum vitae is not required.
- Supplemental Application: This program does not have a supplemental application.
- Transfer Applicant Policy: This program does not accept transfer applicants.
- Non-Degree Applicant Policy: This program may accept At-Large Students when able.
- Early Decision Programs: This program does not accept early decision applicants.