Chicago Medical School
Chicago Medical School Women in Medicine and Science (CMS-WIMS)
In this section
The mission of the Chicago Medical School Women in Medicine and Science (CMS-WIMS) is to promote the recruitment, support and advancement of women faculty, residents, students and staff in Chicago Medical School.
- Education of CMS stakeholders on gender equity and the impact of gender disparities in medicine and science.
- Mentoring all women in medicine and science so they can achieve their maximum potential in an equitable fashion.
- Recognition of the achievements of all women and men in an equitable manner.
- Creating allies to ensure gender equity in career advancement.
Current and Upcoming Events
"Career Advancement and the Importance of Mentoring and Coaching": Presentation and Discussion
November 3, 2021, Noon - 1:00 PM
About the Event: Nutan Vaidya, MD, Vice Dean for Faculty Affairs and Equity, and Judy Potashkin, PhD, Assistant Dean for Faculty Appointments and Recognition, will discuss pathways for Career Advancement and Promotion as well as the importance of mentoring and coaching. All are welcome to attend. This is your opportunity to learn more about career advancement and have your questions answered during this informative event.
The CMS-WIMS Journal Club is held on the second Thursday of each month at 4:00 P.M. CT.
Women in Science and Healthcare (WiSH) Symposium
Intersectionality Under the Microscope: Gender and Race in Health and Healing
Visit the WiSH webpage for more information.
Join our mailing list through Google Groups:
- Visit the CMS-WIMS-interest Google Group webpage
- Select “Ask to join group”
- Fill out your information and submit the form