In this section
Campus Safety and Security
We promote and maintain a safe and secure work and learning environment in which the university's educational goals can be successful. Our relationship with the university family is intended to foster mutual trust and to encourage all members to make security a priority and to personally share responsibility for reducing opportunities for criminal activities. We strive to attain the highest level of ethics and professionalism in carrying out our mission.
What we do
- Monitor all entries and exits to all campus buildings via door alarms and cameras for personnel and property entering and leaving the building. Ensure only authorized individuals enter the campus, in order to provide a safe environment for all university members.
- Monitor all parking areas and enforce proper parking as well as confirm vehicles are registered to RFUMS faculty, staff, and/or students.
- Monitor building perimeters and interiors for any safety concerns or violations.
- Escort (upon request) staff and students to their vehicles, after hours.
- First response to any incidents occurring on RFUMS property.
- Coordinate with local law enforcement and/or fire department on emergency issues occurring on campus.
- Issue all I.D. cards and maintain a database of all I.D. cards. And issue access permissions to authorized personnel to various areas.
- Maintain all access control systems including: card readers, door alarms, and CCTV equipment.
- Responsible for all keys and locks throughout the university, including rooms, mailboxes, lockers, filing cabinets, and desks and keep a secured copy of all keys for duplication and issuance to authorized personnel.
- Investigate and make reports on all incidents, including: auto accidents, fires, thefts, robberies, domestic violence, assaults, and rapes and report all crime statistics yearly to the federal government.
- Maintain a daily open crime log of all crimes reported to Campus Security and make log available for inspection during normal working hours.
Monday - Friday
Pick Up at Lake Bluff Station
Pick Up on Campus (Main Entrance-RWCLC)
Campus Safety Station
24 hours a day and can be reached at 847-578-3288 or by dialing x3288 from any campus phone.