Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs
In this section
The office of Academic and Faculty Affairs is comprised of dedicated professionals who collectively seek to cultivate faculty and student excellence across the university by facilitating accreditation and assessment initiatives and activities, providing access to high quality information resources, developing and managing effective learning spaces in virtual and physical environments, supporting educational innovation and change, measuring the institutional effectiveness of university activities, and supporting all aspects of faculty success including recruitment, retention, recognition, promotion and scholarly work. The division accomplishes these goals by incorporating the university’s core values of excellence, teamwork, and scholarship into all projects, services, initiatives, and resources throughout the division.
We invite you to engage and collaborate with our areas which include Academic Affairs, Institutional Effectiveness and Decision Support, Boxer Library, Academic Policy and Regulatory Affairs, The Nexus for Faculty Success, and Multimodal Learning Design.
What We Do
- Academic Affairs seeks to provide service and leadership to sustain and enrich a university environment of academic excellence for faculty and students. This office accomplishes this goal through guiding Academic Planning and Innovation Support, Curricular Innovation and Change, Assessment and Accreditation, and Academic Policy and Regulatory Affairs.
- Learn more about Academic Affairs
- Faculty Affairs serves our diverse and excellent faculty community through the oversight of awards, recognition, appreciation, recruitment and retention, appointments and promotions, reappointments, evaluations, compensation, governance, and retention of faculty records.
- Learn more about Faculty Affairs
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Decision Support
- The Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Decision Support (IEDS) integrates, analyzes, and reports data to support campus information needs (e.g., official campus statistics) and comply with external reporting requirements, also provides statistical and methodological advice (e.g., survey development, program evaluation), conducts advanced analytics (e.g., predictive modeling), and manages institutional surveys.
- Learn more about Institutional Effectiveness & Decision Support
- The Boxer Library supports education, research, clinical services, and interprofessional collaboration by providing high quality information resources, exemplary service, and an interdisciplinary environment to foster innovation and lifelong-learning.
- Learn more about the Boxer Library
Nexus for Faculty Success
- The Nexus for Faculty Success is designed to cultivate a supportive, dynamic, and innovative learning community where educators can grow and thrive throughout their professional lifecycle.
- Learn more about the Nexus for Faculty Success
Multimodal Learning Design
- Multimodal learning supports teaching and learning through visual, auditory, reading, writing and kinesthetic methods. Developing innovative and engaging student-centered learning experiences, our dedicated multi-modal learning experience designers collaborate with educators to design the best possible delivery of content, learning activities, engagement, and assessment strategies.
- Learn more about Multimodal Learning Design