In this section
The Boxer Library supports education, research, clinical services, and interprofessional collaboration by providing high quality information resources, exemplary service, and an interdisciplinary environment to foster innovation and lifelong-learning. The library team partners with the RFUMS community in a variety of ways including assisting with embedding high quality resources into the curriculum and initiatives, expertise in constructing efficient search strategies for systematic and scoping reviews, and designing and providing access to innovative study spaces which foster and promote academic progression. For information about library resources and services, visit the library home page.
Charlotte Beyer, MSIS, AHIP Associate Vice President, Boxer Library and Information Collaboration
What We Do
- Information Resource Access
- The library collection includes a variety of resources including eBooks, journals, videos, images, databases, and more. Access is provided via Single Sign-On with HelixNet logins which are provided to all current students, faculty, and staff managed by IT. Materials not owned by the library can be requested via Interlibrary Loan at no cost to current students, faculty, and staff. Library team members facilitate access to these materials in an array of ways including online chat, email, online and in-person consultations, and online guides which can be accessed on-demand. Members of the library team also design and deliver co-curricular workshops for students as well as workshops designed for faculty development.
- Learn more about information resources in the library.
- Library Curricular Support
- The library team provides a variety of customized educational experiences and activities within the curriculums of the various academic programs. These sessions can be adapted to meet the needs of the individual academic programmatic accreditation standards and strategic priorities.
- Learn more about library curricular support.
- Evidence Synthesis Search Support
- The library team provides assistance with developing search strategies as well as information around best practices in creating searches for systematic and scoping reviews. Library team members serve as both experts in directly constructing search strategies as well as training and coaching faculty and students to use best practices for high quality research.
- Learn more about evidence synthesis search support.
- Study Spaces
- In addition to providing resources and services, the library provides access to around 30,000 square feet of space uniquely designed for student study. This includes areas for collaborative and independent study. Highlights include open study tables, group study rooms, whiteboards, study cubicles, monitors, public access computers, and printers. The majority of this space is available for access twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Library team members are on-site 80 hours per week to provide circulation of materials in the stacks and reserve collection, including required textbooks, anatomical models, phone and laptop chargers, headphones, and more. On-site staff also provide assistance with printing in the library as well as search assistance.
- Learn more about study spaces in the library.