In this section
In this section
A Next-Generation Facility
Transforming World-Class Research Into Impactful Innovations
The Innovation and Research Park is a fertile environment for collaboration and creativity among academic and industry scientists, innovators and entrepreneurs. The 100,000 square feet of laboratory and office space encourages interaction, the free exchange of ideas and a sharing of expertise and scientific tools.
Of that space, two-thirds are allocated to Rosalind Franklin University research labs, while one-third is available to industries and startups. Each floor of the new building includes shared “collision space” to facilitate conversation and collaboration between researchers and industry.
Helix 51 Incubator and SmartHealth Catalyzer
- Dedicated space for faculty and regional start-up companies to facilitate their formation and accelerate their success.
- SmartHealth Catalyzer helps Midwest universities nurture and grow newly formed biotech startups.
A New Research Building is Critical to the Future of RFU Research
- State-of-art laboratory space is vital for retaining and recruiting top scientists.
- Aligning lab spaces according to research focus rather than academic department promotes research synergy and efficiency.
- The ability to co-locate academia, biotech firms and startups will streamline the translation of discoveries into diagnostics and therapeutics, while diversifying revenue.
- A next-generation research facility will provide an outstanding educational environment for recruiting and training RFU students.
Industry Will Have Access to Research Equipment, Including
- Biological Resource Facility (AAALAC-accredited vivarium for in vivo testing)
- Confocal Microscopy and Imaging Facility
- Electron Microscopy Facility
- Werner Strauss Live Cell Imaging Laboratory
- Flow Cytometry/Cell Sorter Facility
- Calcium Imaging Laboratory
- X-ray Crystallography Facility
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Laboratory
- Midwest Proteome Center (including mass spectrometry)
- Molecular Quantification Laboratory
- Medical Simulation Labs