In this section
In this section
Do you know a RFU graduate who is worthy of recognition for their extraordinary accomplishments? Throughout the country and world, RFU alumni are influencing the delivery of health care, changing the course of healthcare education, and conducting groundbreaking research.
RFU is dedicated to ensuring the pool of nominations across schools is diverse within the areas of ethnicity, gender and academic/professional disciplines. Help us honor accomplished alumni by submitting a nomination form today!
Chicago Medical School
Distinguished Alumnus Award
Established in 1962, the Chicago Medical School Distinguished Alumni Awards have been bestowed upon graduates who have distinguished themselves in the medical profession and exemplified consistent commitment and dedication to the Chicago Medical School. In an effort to recognize the ever-expanding range of achievement by CMS alumni the following levels of recognition have been created:
Distinguished Alumni Award for Achievement is bestowed upon CMS alumni who have made a significant impact in the field of medicine and whose efforts have brought distinction to the Chicago Medical School.
Distinguished Alumni Award for Service is bestowed upon CMS alumni for unselfish devotion of time and service in a professional capacity or in the broader community that have brought distinction to the Chicago Medical School.
Distinguished Alumni Award for Early Career Achievement is bestowed upon CMS alumni of the past 15 years who have achieved early distinction that proudly reflects the power of a Chicago Medical School education.
- Demonstrated record of engagement with CMS (guest lecturer, alumni volunteer, etc.)
- An individual who reflects and recognizes the importance of a CMS education and demonstrates pride in the Chicago Medical School and Rosalind Franklin University
- A person who is a proven leader in their chosen field, either by academics, management, inventions or published works
- Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration again
- The award may not be conferred in absentia; however, it may be granted posthumously
College of Health Professions Distinguished Alumnus Award
Established in 2014, the Distinguished Alumnus Award is presented for the meritorious contributions of a CHP Alumnus to the respective profession, academic program, College of Health Professions, or Rosalind Franklin University, and to recognize the impact of the recipient’s work and leadership in the area of patient care, research, teaching, health services administration or healthcare innovation.
This award is presented at the CHP Awards Ceremony in April, and the recipient is invited to speak to the students, guests, and faculty at the CHP White Coat Ceremony at the end of April-beginning of May. If the award recipient is unable to attend the CHP Awards Ceremony, or if the White Coat Ceremony is scheduled prior to the Awards Ceremony, the award is presented at the CHP White Coat Ceremony.
No prior recipient is eligible for consideration in the following years.
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine Alumnus of the Year Award
Established in 1990, this honor is bestowed upon Scholl alumni who have distinguished themselves in the profession and exemplified consistent commitment and dedication to the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine.
- Displays current activity with Scholl College (guest lecturer, alumni volunteer, etc.)
- An individual who reflects and recognizes the importance of an education from Scholl College and demonstrates pride in Scholl College and the university.
- A person who is a proven leader in podiatric medicine, either by academics, management, inventions or published works.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration again.
- The recipient must be able to attend the awards presentation on campus during the White Coat Ceremony (August of each year).
- The award may not be conferred in absentia, however, it may be granted posthumously.
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine Honor Medallion
The Honor Medallion is bestowed upon an individual who has demonstrated outstanding professional leadership and has contributed to the advancement of the college.