School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
How to Apply
In this section
Review the Application Requirements
Submit the Application
- Select the option listed as "School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies - MS to Chicago Medical School MD Pathway.
- The Fall 2021 application will open September 1. Applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted by Monday January 31, 2021 (Midnight, Eastern, Standard Time).
- Early application is strongly encouraged.
- Must be submitted from each college and university you have attended.
- Mailing directions, and a routing sheet that can be provided to each institution, are provided in the application. Transcripts sent directly to Rosalind Franklin University cannot be accepted.
- Transcripts from international schools (with the exception of Canadian schools) must first be evaluated by a credentialing service and sent to RFUCAS. We accept evaluations from World Evaluation Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Submit Test Scores
- CASPer Test - All applicants are required to complete a CASPer assessment to assist with our selection process. Please go to sign up and reserve a test. The last acceptable CASPer test date is December 10, 2020.
- MCAT - All applicants are required to submit MCAT scores. Only scores from January, 2018 to September 29, 2020 will be accepted.
Submit Letters of Recommendation
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- At least one letter needs to be from a primary research mentor.
- At least one letter is recommended from a healthcare professional (not necessarily a MD) with whom you have worked.
- The remaining letter can be from a person who knows you well or a committee letter.
- Enter each individual's recommender's email address into the application to initiate the recommendation process. Recommendations sent directly to Rosalind Franklin University cannot be accepted.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, hold a permanent resident visa or be eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application submission.