Diane Bridges, PhD
In this section
Diane R. Bridges, PhD, MSN, RN, CCM, received her BSN from the University of Texas at Houston where she attended on an academic scholarship. She received her MSN in Leadership Management from La Roche University in Pittsburgh, PA, where she also received the Sigma Theta Tau Scholarship. She earned her PhD in Interprofessional Healthcare Studies from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
Dr. Bridges has been a nurse for over 30 years with experience in Obstetrics, Neonatal Nursing, Medical-Surgical Nursing, and Orthopedics. These positions included head nurse and management roles. She taught Nursing in two programs and was Chair for the Growing Family Course at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center St. Margaret School Of Nursing. She is also a Certified Case Manager and has worked in this field in a supervisory/management capacity as well as in the private, state, and public sectors of case management.
Dr. Bridges joined the faculty of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science as an Assistant Professor in August 2005 and has since attained the rank of Associate Professor. She served as Director of the Health Administration program and Chair of the Department of Health Services Administration for 9 ½ years. She was one of the Directors in the Rosalind Franklin Interprofessional Team and Culture in Healthcare course for 9 years and oversaw the Service Learning community projects for this course for all first-year on-campus students.
Dr. Bridges is a published author on several topics: Interprofessional Education, Service Learning and Teamwork, Online Education, Interprofessional Competencies and the Portfolio and has presented at many conferences.
In her role as Associate Dean of Interprofessional and Distance Education, Dr. Bridges will develop interprofessional relationships with university partners. She will provide assistance to ensure interprofessional courses provide opportunities for students from differing healthcare professions to learn from, with, and about each other to develop skills to collaborate and communication as interprofessional team members ultimately providing the best care for patients. She also will provide leadership and direction to the development of new online courses and certificates in CMS, collaborating with Educational Technology and the Vice President of Distance Education to ensure best practice standards are met for online courses.
Recent publications and presentations
- Bridges D. Forming Interprofessional Courses between Allopathic, Podiatric, and Allied Health Professional Students. (2016, March) Presented at the Conference on Association for Prevention Teaching and Research; March 2016 Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Bridges, D., Elliott, K., & Hanson, M. (2016, March). Dual degree programs-barriers, successes and opportunities for interprofessional learning. Presentation at the Association for Prevention Teaching and Research, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Hanson M, Bridges D, Elliott K. (2015, October) Pilot Study: Providing Interprofessional experiences to online students through an online graduate orientation course. Presented at: ASAHP Annual Conference: Innovations and Entrepreneurship in Health Care Education and Practice.
- Bridges, D., Mast, L., Horsley, N. & Rahman, A., (2015, September). Exploring the impact of an interprofessional care protocol on the patient experience and outcomes for seniors with diabetes. Poster presented at the Collaborating Across Borders-V Conference, Roanoke, VA.
- Hanson, M., Elliot, K., & Bridges, D. (2015, September). Pilot study: Providing interprofessional experiences to online students through an online graduate orientation course. Poster presented at the Collaborating Across Borders-V Conference, Roanoke, VA.
- Newton A, Tappert S, Bridges D, Hanson M. (2014, October). Interprofessionalism A circle of Care: American Physical Therapy Association. National Student Conclave Opening session. Session. The Wisconsin Center, Milwaukee, WI.
- Bridges D. Healthy People 2020 Spotlight on Health: Prevention and Population Health Education Across the Health Professions. (2014, September) Webinar.
- Bridges D. (2014, March). Health administration and case management. Presented at the Federal Health Care Center, Office of Academic Affairs and Rosalind Franklin University Chicago Medical School, Office of Faculty Development and Global Health Initiative, North Chicago, IL.
- Bridges D, Frownfelter D, Hanson M, Janas L, Mast L. (2014 March) The Student Experience in Online Learning: Insights from Constructivist Online Learning Environment Survey (COLLES) Pilot Study. ERSIG RFUMS.
- Mast L, Rahman A, Schatzman B, Bridges D, Horsley N (2014). Innovations in Continuing Professional Education: A Model to Impact Interprofessional Collaboration. Special Issue - Contributions of interprofessional collaborations in improving community - The International Public Health Journal. 20142015;7(1).
- Mast L, Rahmen A, Bridges D, Horsley N. (2014) Continuing Professional Education: The key to building interprofessional teams. Presented at Collaboration Across Borders IV. Seattle Washington.
- Mast L, Rahman A, Schatzman B, Bridges D, Horsley N. (2014) Exploring the impact of an interprofessional care protocol on the patient experience and outcomes for seniors with diabetes. Patient Experience Journal. 2014 ;1(2):117-123.
- Bridges, D., Mast, L. (2013, August). Health administration assessment of student outcomes using a portfolio as a capstone project. Poster presented at Rosalind Franklin University Medical School Assessment Symposium, North Chicago, IL.
- Mast, L, Bridges, D, Rahman, A, & Horsely, N. (2013, June). Continuing professional development: The key to building interprofessional teams. Workshop presented at the Collaboration Across Borders Bi-annual Interprofessional Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Mast, L., Tappert, S., & Bridges, D. (2013, June). Experiential workshop: Use of problem–based learning in continuing professional education to enhance interprofessional collaboration. Poster presented at Collaboration Across Borders Bi-annual Interprofessional Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Henderson, C., Tappert, S., Hanson, M., Bridges, D. (2013, May). Interprofessional teams and culture in healthcare. Poster presented at the Association of American Medical Colleges–Group on Diversity and Inclusion Professional Development Conference, Toronto, CA.
- Mast, L., Rahman, A, Horsley, N, & Bridges, D. (2013, March). Continuing professional education: The key to building interprofessional teams to develop preventive care models. Poster presented at the Teaching Prevention 2013, Developing Educational Experiences for an Evolving Health System Annual Meeting of the Association for Prevention Teaching and Research, Washington, DC.
Bridges, D., Tappert, S. (2013, March). Interprofessionalism at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Presented at the Association of University Programs in Health Administration Leadership Conference, Chicago, IL.
Bridges D. Faculty Development Social. RFUMS Graduate Degree Programs. (2013 February) FHCC Office of Academic Affairs and RFUMS/CMS Office of Faculty Development & Global Health Initiatives.
Bridges. D., Hanson, M., & Gierman-Riblon, C. (2013, January). Creative online teaching methods to facilitate interprofessional education. Poster presented at the Federal Health Care Center-Rosalind Franklin University Medical School Research Poster Day, North Chicago, IL.