In this section
Ateequr Rahman, PhD, MBA
Dr. Ateequr Rahman earned his PhD in Pharmacy Administration with a focus on Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes research from the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Earlier he obtained his MBA with focus in Health Economics from the Northeast Louisiana University. His research areas include Assessment of Electronic and Personal Health Records, Interventions in Rural and Health disparity populations, health-related quality of life, health preference and utility, patient satisfaction and symptom assessment studies. He has co-received over $2.3 millions in Federal and Private grants. He has served as Principal Investigator for the Department of Defense grant and co-investigator on multiple Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) studies. He has taught several courses in the Schools of pharmacy for the past 20 years. He is a registered Pharmacist and actively involved in the practice of pharmacy.
Dr. Rahman sits on the editorial board, and serves as a reviewer for several journals and meetings in the area of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes research. He has presented his research findings in various national and international conferences and published in peer-reviewed Journals.
- Health Care Systems
- Research and Statistics
- End of life and Spirituality in Healthcare
- Advanced Pharmacoeconomics
Selected Recent Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Rahman A, Cukovic L, Mehmood S, Ayah Younis, Yelena Sahakian “Assessment of Antibiotic Prescribing for Influenza in the US Outpatient Care Setting”, Journal of Medical Research and Surgery 1(7): pp. 1-5, September 2020
- Ateequr Rahman, Yelena Sahakian, Sean Kane, Marc Abel, Rahul Deshmukh “Live-feed use in the classroom as an engagement tool”, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, Volume 11, Issue 12, December 2019, Pages 1303 1308, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2019.09.010
- Yelena Sahakian, Brisilda Bylykbashi and Ateequr Rahman* “Prescribing Patterns of Antihypertensive Medications in US Ambulatory Care Settings” Journal of Pharmacy 2019, 7, 64; doi:10.3390/pharmacy7020064
- Rahman A, Sahakian Y (2019) Evaluation of Adherence to Guidelines for Treatment of Acute Pharyngitis and Sinusitis in US Outpatient Settings. J Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 3: 104. May 2019
- Rahman A, Sahakian Y, Deshmukh R. Economic impact of caregiving for dementia patients. Int. Health Journal. 2019 February; 1:3-14.
- Rahman A, Anjum R, Sahakian Y. “Impact of Caregiving for Dementia Patients on Healthcare Utilization of Caregivers”, Journal of Pharmacy 2019; 7(4), 138, doi:10.3390/pharmacy7040138
- Sahakian Y, Anjum R, Rahman A, “Assessment of Ambulatory Antibiotic Prescribing Trends for Urinary Tract Infections in Infants and Children”. J Nephrol Ren Dis. 2019; 3:1
- Rahman A, Sahakian S, Deshmukh R, Prescribing Patterns Of Antihypertensive Medications In US Ambulatory Care Settings, Proceedings Publications at the Business and Health Annual Meeting 2019, Chicago, March 2019.