College of Nursing
In this section
Where dreams become reality.
I think by participating in this program it opened me to a lot of great opportunities for my future. Not only that but it made me learn a lot of new things about healthcare and college itself." - Nursing INSPIRE 2023 high school participant
Come and build your future with us.
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Mentorship from graduate students and RFU faculty and staff
- Hands-on learning and testing with expert faculty
- Team-based learning that builds friendships across other high schools
- Networking and field trips with healthcare clinicians and educators
What is Nursing INSPIRE?
Rosalind Franklin University’s Nursing INSPIRE Program is an 8-week (four days per week), paid educational opportunity for eligible students interested in exploring a career in nursing. The program runs during the summer months from June to August. Applications are welcome from juniors attending Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep, Highland Park, North Chicago, Round Lake, and Waukegan High Schools.
Parents join their sons or daughters in a session on financial planning for college education.
The Nursing INSPIRE Program will explore career options within the nursing profession, the impact of lifestyle on physical and mental health, college preparation, and facilitate nursing assistant training.
Students who complete Nursing INSPIRE will:
- Understand the types of nursing career opportunities
- Create a first draft of their college application essay
- Be eligible to take the Certified Nursing Assistant exam
- Be better equipped to make personal lifestyle choices that promote health
- Identify a financially sound budget plan for college
Who Leads and Supports Nursing Inspire?
We are engaging with the Lake County community to nurture students' interest in nursing and provide a clear educational pathway from high school to a meaningful career.
The Nursing INSPIRE program creates opportunities for students to explore careers in the nursing profession, takes the guesswork out of career selection, and develops a student’s confidence to succeed in higher education – all while they are in high school.
Nursing INSPIRE kickstarts a unique and longitudinal journey through the Nursing Education to Workforce (NEW) pathway. Nursing INSPIRE is the first step in this educational journey and culminates when you earn your master of science degree in nursing from Rosalind Franklin University. RFU's NEW pathway provides mentorship throughout your journey and enables you to begin your professional nursing career at the top.
What is necessary to apply to Nursing INSPIRE?
- High School Juniors in good academic standing
- Have a GPA of 2.0/4.0 or higher
- Have an interest in nursing and healthcare
This program made me feel like I have a successful future ahead." - Nursing INSPIRE 2023 high school participant
Application Opens - December 8, 2023
Application Closed - January 22, 2024