College of Nursing
In this section
MENP Admission Requirements
MENP Prerequisite Courses
|Subject||Semester Hours||Quarter Hours|
|Human Anatomy with Lab||3||4|
|Physiology with Lab||3||4|
|Microbiology with Lab||3||4|
|Chemistry with Lab*||3||4|
*General/inorganic, organic, or biochemistry accepted
- All prerequisite courses must be completed at an accredited institution of higher education prior to matriculation.
- All courses must be completed within the past 7 years with an earned grade of C or better.
- A baccalaureate degree in a subject other than nursing from an accredited institution of higher education prior conferred prior to matriculation.
- A recommended minimum overall grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale.
- A recommended minimum science grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale.
- If you earned your BSN or MSN degree from outside the United States and/or you do not hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency, you are required to demonstrate proof of English proficiency via an official TOEFL report that includes a total score and category scores in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- The TOEFL requirement may be waived if the applicant has been a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university for at least two consecutive years, or is from a country in which English is the primary language.
- A TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test) of 100 or the equivalent is recommended and with no category score being lower than 22.
- Applicants must submit the name and contact information for one professional or academic reference, who can attest to the applicant's professional or academic qualifications.
- Reference should be dated within the past 1-2 years.
Official transcripts from each college, university or community college previously attended must be submitted directly to NursingCAS.
Proficiency in basic computer skills.
Basic Algebra Proficiency
Students will be required to take and pass progressively harder dosage calculations as the program progresses.
Meet the university’s and program’s Technical Standards for Admissions. Pass a background check and complete immunization requirements among other items.