College of Nursing
In this section
The College of Nursing at Rosalind Franklin University (RFUMS) houses the Doctor of Nursing Practice: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program (DNP-PMHNP), a 33-month program of study created for registered nurses who wish to continue their education to become a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNPBC) and earn the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
The CCNE accreditation process and timeline are shown below:
- August 24, 2022: the CON received New Applicant Status approval by the CCNE.
- August 15, 2022: The DNP-PMHNP Program matriculates its first cohort of students.
- January 31, 2024: The CON submits submits a CCNE Self-Study for its DNP-PMHNP program.
- March 13–15, 2024: The CON hosts a CCNE Site Visit with the CCNE Accreditors.
- December 2024: The accreditation decision is rendered by the CCNE and is made retroactive to March 2024 (time of site-visit).
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001