Chicago Medical School
In this section
Statement of Commitment to Graduate Medical Education
Chicago Medical School is committed to supporting Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs of the highest caliber. The goal of these programs, consistent with the strategic goals of Chicago Medical School and Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science, is the training of highly skilled, scholarly physicians whose practices will engender the highest ideals of compassion and professionalism.
To this end, the Medical School commits to:
- Support an Office of GME headed by an Associate Dean serving as the ACGME’s Designated Institutional Official and charged with the administrative oversight and management of the School’s GME programs,
- Support a Graduate Medical Education Committee, composed of the Associate Dean for GME /Designated Institutional Official, selected faculty, residents and administrators, which has responsibility for monitoring, advising and establishing policies as defined by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education,
- Establish an effective, competency-based curriculum, the efficacy of which is continually monitored and improved through the use of outcomes-based methodology,
- Establish partnerships with medical centers sharing the same goals and offering academic, educational environments for residents, and
- Provide the financial support for administrative, educational and clinical resources to support the GME programs in collaboration with the affiliated medical centers.