Chicago Medical School
Transfer Admission Requirements
In this section
Please follow procedures as indicated below. Your application will not be considered until all materials are received. Students can apply as a transfer student to the Chicago Medical School beginning September 1, 2022. The application will remain open through March 1, 2023.
Basic Admissions Requirements include:
- Applying for entry into the first clinical year.
- Have a compelling reason to transfer (e.g. students from a medical school that has closed suddenly, students with extenuating family circumstances, including being the spouse or domestic partner of a CMS medical or RFU graduate student, house staff or faculty).
- Be transferring from an LCME accredited school;
- Have written approval from the Dean of the applicant’s current school;
- Be on track to successfully complete all preclinical course work at the transferring institution;
- Have either registered for Step 1 of the USMLE licensing exam or successfully completed the exam; and
- Have completed all preclinical academic requirements specified in the CMS Student Evaluation Promotions and Awards Committee Handbook before the start of studies.
- Meeting all other admissions requirements as stated in the RFU academic catalog for the year of the application.
- Submit a Transfer Application
- Submit letter stating reason for transfer request
- Submit official transcripts
- Official transcript of completed preclinical courses and from all post-secondary institutions of attendance.
- Submit USMLE Step 1 Score or MCAT scores
- You must provide evidence of either USMLE Step 1 registration or successful completion of the examination (with scores). You must provide your MCAT score if your USMLE Step 1 score is not available.
- Submit two letters in support of your application
- You are required to submit one letter of support from the Dean of your current medical school.
- You are also required to submit one letter of academic assessment from the Dean of Student Affairs or equivalent administrative position at medical school.
- Submit current resume or curriculum vitae
- Please upload your current resume or curriculum vitae with your application.
- Submit application fee
- In order to activate your file, a $125.00 non-refundable application fee is required. Please note this fee is non-refundable, even in the event that your application is incomplete. You will be instructed to pay the fee with the completion of this form.
If your request for transfer is connected to your spouse or domestic partner’s status as a Chicago Medical School student or another RFUMS graduate program please provide evidence of marriage or domestic partnership. Please provide three proofs of evidence from the list below:
- Joint mortgage or lease
- Designation of spouse or domestic partner as beneficiary for life insurance
- Designation in will of spouse or domestic partner as primary beneficiary upon death
- Domestic marriage certificate or partnership agreement
- Powers of attorney for property and health care
- Joint ownership of a motor vehicle
- Joint bank or credit union checking account
Please note that a marriage engagement does not alone satisfy the requirements for marriage.
All transcripts and other supporting documents can be sent to
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Office of Admissions and Enrollment
3333 Green Bay Road
North Chicago, IL 60064-3095