In this section
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science is dedicated to establishing a University-wide plan that promotes environmental sustainability by endorsing the following:
- Establishing a Campus Sustainability Committee that involves faculty, staff, students and architectural resources to:
- Educate the University community about GREEN programs that are being initiated and solicit suggestions.
- Work with campus food and dining services to identify strategies to bring sustainable products to the Student Union and DNA Cafe.
- Establish a University-wide GREEN website.
- Establish goals for LEED certification by:
- Sustainable sites (GREEN site exterior management).
- Water efficiency (access use of facilities and land to identify strategies for water consumption).
- Energy and atmosphere.
- Materials and resources (recycling and SWAP programs).
- Innovation through new building construction.
- Conduct an independent energy audit as part of the due diligence process to:
- Assess energy usage and identify potential reductions.
- Assess energy costs and potential reductions.