Caring about the wellbeing of people AND the planet.
In this section
As a university devoted to health sciences and professions, we’re dedicated to the wellbeing of the planet, which impacts the wellbeing of its population. Our efforts to promote campus-wide environmental sustainability are led by a Campus Sustainability Committee made up of faculty, staff, and students.
Here are some of the ways our commitment to sustainability plays out on our campus:
- Our campus-wide recycling program diverts over half of our waste from the landfill. Recycling containers, positioned all over campus, accept mixed recycling, which is sorted after collection.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations are available in our parking lots.
- Biodegradable trays and utensils are used in the cafe.
- Hydration stations all over campus are equipped with water bottle fill features to encourage use of reusable containers.
- Sections of the campus grounds have been returned to their natural habitats, reducing our landscaping carbon footprint.
- Our parking lots and facilities are being retrofitted with LED lighting, and we’re using a software program that helps us monitor and strategically reduce energy use.
- Our tree planting program replaces diseased trees with new ones and helps us celebrate Earth Day.
For more about the efforts of our Campus Sustainability Committee, see its Mission Statement.