In this section
Part Time Faculty Administration Benefits
Effective 7/1/2011, All policies subject to change.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science offers a comprehensive selection of quality benefits to our eligible employees (regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours/week). The University offers four medical plans with prescription drug coverage and vision benefits, a dental plan, short and long-term disability, basic and supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and an extremely attractive retirement plan. Except for the retirement plans, all benefits are effective the first of the month following your date of hire. Employees may enroll within thirty days from date of hire or during Open Enrollment in September of each year.
Medical Plans – Blue Cross Blue Shield:
- PPO and Blue Edge PPO with HCA
- Ability to see any qualified provider you choose (your out of pocket costs are greater when you seek care outside the network).
- Blue Advantage HMO and HMO Illinois
- All care must be coordinated by your HMO primary care physician or woman’s primary health care provider.
- With the exception of emergencies, all care must be provided by a network provider.
Dental Plan - Delta Dental:
- Ability to see any qualified dentist you choose.
- Preventive services are covered at 100% of reasonable and customary charges.
Short & Long-term Disability Insurance – Mutual of Omaha:
- University-paid disability insurance provides up to 60% of weekly salary for covered claims.
Life Insurance – Mutual of Omaha:
- University-paid life insurance equal to 1 ½ times annual salary (subject to $50,000 limit for tax purposes).
- Employee may elect to purchase supplemental insurance up to lesser of 5 times annual salary or $550,000.
Flexible Spending Accounts - PayFlex:
- Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses.
Retirement Plans - TIAA-CREF:
- Employees are eligible to participate in matching retirement plans after completing two years of service. Prior employment with an educational or non-profit research organization during the 24 consecutive month period immediately preceding your date of hire may be counted toward meeting the service requirement.
- Once eligible, participation in the matching plans is mandatory as a condition of employment.
- The University matches a 5% employee contribution with a 10% University contribution.
- Effective immediately, employees may make unmatched contributions to a voluntary supplemental retirement plan.
Employee Assistance Program:
- The University provides a confidential Employee Assistance Program to all employees.
Paid Holidays and Sick Days:
- Employees are eligible to receive 11 paid holidays plus two Floating Holidays per year.
- Twelve sick days accrue annually.
- Employees in the Faculty and Administration classifications are entitled to 22 days of paid vacation per year.
The information on this page is provided as a summary of highlights of the various plans described and is subject to change. Specific details of each program are contained in the Plan Document. In the event of a discrepancy, the Plan Document will prevail.