In this section
Common Questions about the Interview Day
- What is the Interview Format? The interview format for the Pathologists’ Assistant program is the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) which consists of a series of short structured interview stations designed to assess non-cognitive qualities including, but not limited to: responsibility, teamwork, empathy, ethical and moral judgment and communication skills. Each of these are essential characteristics to becoming a successful healthcare professional.
- What kind of stations can I expect during an MMI? Students rotate through a series of timed stations each with its own interviewer and scenario. Each station will involve a slightly different activity including interacting with interviewers and in some instances other candidates. Some stations focus on discussion topics; others may ask you to role play with a standardized actor or actress.
- What will I be expected to do?
Candidates may be asked to do some of the following:
- Read and respond to a prompt that describes a situation involving a possible ethical scenario.
- Read and respond to a scenario involving an actor (e.g. having to break bad news or gather specific information).
- Complete a task that involves teamwork with other applicants (e.g. stacking blocks in a certain pattern or drawing based on directions given by someone else)
- Be confident
- Be sensitive and compassionate
- Carefully review all instructions
- Seek clarification as needed
- Remember the MMI is testing your general knowledge related to current healthcare and social issues in addition to your ability to think critically, demonstrate effective communication skills and to make ethical and informed decisions.
The interview day also provides you the opportunity to learn more about our program and campus community. We encourage you to think about questions you may want to ask or aspects of the program that are important in your decision to attend Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Our faculty, staff, and students are all ready to help you discover the possibilities.