In this section
Exit: Transitioning to Repayment
Our Exit: Transitioning to Repayment course is designed to ease the transition from RFU to your next step of professional training. All graduating students will be required to take this via a Brightspace by D2L course before graduation. This series is meant to transition students into the Exit Counseling process. We have created learning outcomes to help shape student success after graduating from the university.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Exit: Transitioning to Repayment course on Brightspace will...
- Be able to formulate informed decisions about repayment
- Be able to establish plans for the future
- Express confidence about their future
Brightspace Modules and Learning Outcomes
MODULE 1: DEBT MANAGEMENT
Students who complete Module 1: Debt Management, in Brightspace will…
- Be able to compare the different student loan repayment options with accordance to their specific situation and needs.
- Be able to weigh the pros and cons of each repayment option.
- Recognize that residency and relocation loans are considered optional borrowing.
- Identify who their loan servicer(s) is/are, their loan interest rates, and loan types.
- Operate the National Student Loan Data System, and theirs loan servicer(s)’ website.
- Be able to describe the different between a Federal student loan, private student loan, and an Institutional loan.
MODULE 2: REPAYMENT OPTIONS
Students who complete Module 2: Repayment Options, in Brightspace will…
- Be able to evaluate which repayment plan is right for them.
- Be able to distinguish details between the traditional and income based repayment plans.
MODULE 3: LOAN CONSIDERATIONS
Students who complete Module 3: Loan Considerations, in Brightspace will…
- Be able to evaluate the pros, cons, and benefits of consolidation with regard to their specific situation.
- Be able to evaluate the pros, cons, and benefits of postponing payments with regard to their specific situation.
- Be able to recognize when it is appropriate and when it is not appropriate to postpone payments.
MODULE 4: FORGIVENESS OPTIONS
Students who complete Module 4: Forgiveness Options, in Brightspace will…
- Be able to recognize loan forgiveness options
- Clarify any questions they may have about loan forgiveness