Students are encouraged to start the financial aid application process as early as possible. Financial aid will only be processed if the student is formally admitted to an academic program at RFU. Financial aid awards are based on the student's program, cost of attendance (COA), and funding availability. For more information on the types of financial aid available, please review the Sources of Aid page.
Deadlines and important dates can be found on the Financial Aid Calendar.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID to gain access to the U.S. Department of Education's online systems. For more information, please visit studentaid.gov.
- Submit the upcoming academic year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The RFU school code is 001659.
- Verify Information on the Student Aid Report (SAR) to ensure accuracy and to make corrections as needed.
- In February, RFU will be able to begin reviewing submitted FAFSAs and evaluate student eligibility. If any items populate that require further attention, the student will be notified via RFU email. These items will also be populated in the student's Self-Service Financial Aid Checklist.
- Once processed, financial aid awards are viewable through the Self-Service portal under the My Awards screen. Students may accept, reject, or modify all or a portion of their federal financial aid eligibility for the academic year. Students will be emailed their award notification to their RFU email address.
- New summer and continuing students will begin to receive their award notifications in late April.
- New fall students will begin to receive their award notifications in early July.
- All first-time borrowers who accept Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loans or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Student Loans must complete the required Master Promissory Note(s) and Entrance Counseling before the Office of Financial Aid can disburse those funds.
2024-2025 Financial Aid Nights
The purpose of our Financial Aid Nights is to assist new students with answering all of their financial aid questions in a Zoom virtual meeting. These meetings will be mostly informal and will allow students to get to know our staff and better understand the services the Office of Financial Aid is able to provide. Financial Aid Counselors will be in attendance to meet with students individually if requested through breakout rooms. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, please select the date that works best for you below:
- Thursday, February 22, 2024 from 5:00-7:00 PM CST
- Wednesday, March 20, 2024 from 5:00-7:00 PM CST
- Wednesday, April 24, 2024 from 5:00-7:00 PM CST
- Thursday, May 23, 2024 from 5:00-7:00 PM CST
- Thursday, June 20, 2024 from 5:00-7:00 PM CST