Eligibility Requirements for Federal Financial Aid
- Any enrolled or accepted student who is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
- Students who have a valid Social Security number (unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Paula)
- Students who are enrolled in an eligible program leading to a degree or certificate at an eligible institution
- Students who are degree candidates must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours)
- Students who are in default on a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, or a Federal Grad PLUS Loan or owe a refund for a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) at any institution
- Students who maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by their academic program
- Students who are registered with Selective Service, if required
Apply for Financial Aid
You are encouraged to start the financial aid application process as early as possible. Your financial aid will only be processed if you are formally admitted to an academic program at RFU.
- Submit the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). RFU school code is 001659.
- Complete the 2022-2023 RFU Financial Aid Application which you can find on your Self-Service checklist.
- Students will be emailed their award notification to their RFU email address. Your financial aid award is based on your program, cost of attendance (COA), and funding availability. Along with this notification, you will find the link to the 2022-2023 Student Loan Planner.
- All new and continuing students are encouraged to map out their program costs and review all eligible financing options. The Office of Financial Aid has developed the Student Loan Planner to assist you in determining an accurate estimate of monthly expenses and the amount of Federal loans you will need to borrow to cover those expenses. Please click below to access the RFU Student Loan Planner specific to your program of study. The information you will find in the Student Loan Planner includes an estimate of your tuition for the upcoming academic year and is subject to change.
- Financial Aid Awards are viewable through the Self-Service portal under My Awards.
- Students may accept, reject, or modify all or a portion of their federal financial aid eligibility for the academic year.
- All first-time borrowers who accept Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loans or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Student Loans must complete the required Master Promissory Note(s) and Entrance Counseling before the Office of Financial Aid can disburse those funds.
- All borrowers, including first-time and continuing, must complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement before the Office of Financial Aid can disburse those funds.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org