Health Clinics Benefit Highlights for Part-Time Employees
In this section
Effective 7/1/2011, All policies subject to change.
The Rosalind Franklin University Health Clinics offers a comprehensive selection of quality benefits to our eligible part time employees (regularly scheduled between 18.5 and 30 hours/week). The Health System offers four medical plans with prescription drug coverage and vision benefits, a dental plan, flexible spending accounts, and an extremely attractive retirement plan. Except for the retirement plans, all benefits are effective the first of the month following your date of hire. Employees may enroll within thirty days from date of hire or during Open Enrollment in September of each year.
Medical Plans – Blue Cross Blue Shield:
- PPO and Blue Edge PPO with HCA
- Ability to see any qualified provider you choose (your out of pocket costs are greater when you seek care outside the network).
- Blue Advantage HMO and HMO Illinois
- All care must be coordinated by your HMO primary care physician or woman’s primary health care provider.
- With the exception of emergencies, all care must be provided by a network provider.
Dental Plan - Delta Dental:
- Ability to see any qualified dentist you choose.
- Preventive services are covered at 100% of reasonable and customary charges.
Flexible Spending Accounts - PayFlex:
- Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses.
Retirement Plans - TIAA-CREF:
- Employees are eligible to participate in matching retirement plans after completing two years of service. Prior employment with an educational or non-profit research organization during the 24 consecutive month period immediately preceding your date of hire may be counted toward meeting the service requirement.
- Once eligible, participation in the matching plans is mandatory as a condition of employment.
- The Health System matches a 5% employee contribution with a 10% Health System contribution.
- Effective immediately, employees may make unmatched contributions to a voluntary supplemental retirement plan.
Employee Assistance Program:
- The Health System provides a confidential Employee Assistance Program to all employees.
Paid Time Off:
- PTO combines vacation, sick leave and holidays into a single leave bank.
- Part-time benefits eligible employees accrue PTO based on the pro-rated value of the full time benefit.
- Part-time benefits eligible employees are allowed up to 3 days paid bereavement leave per year, also pro-rated.
The information on this page is provided as a summary of highlights of the various plans described and is subject to change. Specific details of each program are contained in the Plan Document. In the event of a discrepancy, the Plan Document will prevail.