To Do List #1
In this section
Congratulations on your acceptance to Rosalind Franklin University! This is your first list of tasks to complete as a newly admitted student. We recommend you work through the to-do list and complete the requirements by the assigned dates. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your program contact for more information.
Claim Your Account and Create Your RFU Email
The first step as a newly admitted student is to claim your helixnet account which will also provide information on your RFU email address. You should have received an email with the subject "Welcome to Rosalind Franklin University" asking you to create your Rosalind Franklin University account and set up DUO Security Access. If you have any difficulty with this process, please contact our IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-578-8800.
RFU utilizes CastleBranch which is a secure platform to complete your immunization requirements. This is the same system through which you will track your ongoing requirements as you complete your degree/program at the University. Please note, it is your responsibility to monitor and ensure you are in compliance at all times as non-compliance can impact your registration, financial aid, and clinical rotation placement. We strongly recommend you utilizing your new RFU email address to create your Castlebranch account.
- Access the CastleBranch portal and create your account:
- Access the website at: http://rfu.castlebranch.com/ to create your account and place your order for the health and immunization requirements.
- Upload your health and immunization documents:
- RFU is required by law to have proof of immunizations on file for all students enrolled at the University. Be sure that the Health History & Physical Form and Immunization Form are completed as soon as possible but no later than the first day of classes and uploaded to your CastleBranch account. The forms can be downloaded from your CastleBranch Portal once you have initiated your account. If you have any questions about your health and immunization requirements, please contact the immunization coordinator via email at email@example.com.
RFU requires completion of a background check for all academic programs at RFU. Students are required to complete the background check utilizing one of the contracted programs:
- CastleBranch: all programs except Chicago Medical School and College of Pharmacy.
- Certiphi: Chicago Medical School and College of Pharmacy
- Completed through the Central Application Service that includes American Medical College Application (AMCAS) or Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS)
The results of your background check are made available to RFU so you will not need to send anything to the University. You will be notified if the results of your background check warrant further discussion or action. Please note, your background check will remain confidential and will not become part of your permanent student record. (It will only reflect completion or non-completion in your file.)
Review Your Financial Aid Information
Students who wish to be considered for federal financial aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The federal school code for RFU is 001659. RFU Financial Aid Applications and additional information will be available February 5th, 2019.
International Students (If applicable)
As an international student, we understand that everyone’s experience is unique. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is here to help you through every important step for a successful transition into the RFU community. We have outlined our requirements and have an online form to help with the issuance of your Form I-20.
For other important questions you may have as an International Student, please visit the Common Questions page on our website or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.578.8745.
Save the Date for Orientation
Save the Dates for mandatory New Student Orientation August 6-10, 2019.
Join Your Program Facebook Page
If you have not done so already, join the Facebook Page for your class. You can find the link to your page under the My Program section of this website. Take the opportunity to meet other students admitted to your cohort and keep up on new information as you prepare for your arrival to RFU.
Join the Diversity and Inclusion Peer Mentoring Program
Diversity and Inclusion invites you to participate in a Peer Mentoring program specifically created with our value added groups in mind. The overriding purpose of the program is to ensure that incoming students at RFU are helped to make their transition to our community a successful one.
Our office recognizes that each student adds tremendous value to our community and we are invested in the success of all students including International, Black/African-American, Hispanic and LGBTQ students in and out of the classroom.
The program will launch its 5th year in August 2019 and run for the 2019-2020 academic year. It is designed to orient, support, and provide relevant insight and guidance to you from a fellow student mentor who gained valuable knowledge and experience during their tenure to this point at RFU.
If you identify with one of the above mentioned groups and would like to be assigned a Peer Mentor and be part of a network of individuals invested in your success please fill out the application form by clicking the link below.
There are a number of Federal and private agencies and organizations which provide scholarship assistance to health professions students. The eligibility criteria and deadline vary according to the guidelines established by the organization. These scholarships can be merit based and/or need based. Students should research outside scholarships on their own. RFU Office of Student Financial Services complies a large list of scholarship opportunities on the External Scholarship Database. Avoid scholarship scams where they charge a fee to apply. Scholarships searched should be free. Students are encouraged to check with local organizations, clubs, professional organizations, civic groups and corporations.
Student Housing offers many great options for you. Both on and off campus Student Housing options provide students with an independent community, but still have the conveniences inherent to living on or near campus.
On Campus Options:
- One of the best ways to fully experience the campus culture is to join us in Student Housing. Living on campus offers a variety of advantages that can make life at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science more convenient, more productive, and more fun. For more information, check out our website.
- On-campus housing offers two great layouts (1 bedroom and 2 bedroom).
The Woodlands: The preferred off campus housing option exclusively for Rosalind Franklin University Students:
- Rosalind Franklin University has partnered with The Woodlands on Green Bay Apartment Community to offer an off-campus housing option reserved exclusively for students at the University. The Woodlands on Green Bay offers one and two bedroom apartments.
- For more information about The Woodlands, check out our website.
- We look forward to assisting you in the transition to your new home here at RFU. If you have any questions, we are only an email or phone call away.
Sign up to Attend an Admitted Student Visit Day
Admitted Student Visit Day is an opportunity for admitted and confirmed students to see firsthand what makes the Rosalind Franklin University (RFU) community so special with presentations on campus life, diversity and inclusion, and a program-specific breakout session to connect and mingle with your future classmates. Tours of campus housing options (including the on-campus housing and the Woodlands apartments) will be available.
Each event will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude around 12 p.m., with an optional lunch. A formal invitation and link to register will be emailed to you approximately three weeks prior to each session, which are scheduled for February 9, 2019, and March 16, 2019.
Admitted Student Visit Day dates include: