School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
In this section
All School Research Consortium
The All School Research Consortium (ASRC) is held annually on the third Wednesday in March. This university-wide, student-run event, highlights student research and reinforces the university's Interprofessional mission. The event serves as a vehicle to bring the university scientific community together, encourage communication across disciplines and educate graduate and professional students.
The 17th Annual ASRC will took place on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, as a virtual conference. Students in each of the five schools at RFUMS, SGPS, SCPM, CMS, CHP and COP as well as postdoctoral fellows, clinical residents, and research interns were invited to participate. The day consisted of poster sessions, a keynote address and student talks. The ASRC culminated in a reception, art show, and the presentation of awards for outstanding research talks and posters.
ASRC Speaker History
- 2022 - Allison Arwady, MD, MPH - Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH)
Presentation: "Data to Action: The critical role of cross-disciplinary research and building trust in the time of COVID"
- 2021 - No Keynote Speaker
- 2020 - Canceled due to Covid-19
- 2019 - Karin Schon, PhD - Boston University School of Medicine
Presentation: "Fitness and Exercise as Modulators of the Medial Temporal Lobe Memory System."
- 2018 - Stefano Guandalini, MD - University of Chicago
Presentation: "Is Gluten-free diet: who really needs it? - A critical reappraisal."
- 2017 - Kerry Ressler, PhD - McLean Hospital / Harvard Medical School
Presentation: "Is Fear in Your Genes? Understanding the Amygdala, Threat and PTSD from Mice to Men."
- 2016 - Jeffrey J. Bazarian, MD, MPH, FACP - University of Rochester Medical Center School of Medicine and Dentistry
Presentation: "Bedside to Bench: How Clinical Concussion Care Can Inform Meaningful Research"
- 2015 - Jeffrey I. Cohen, MD - Chief, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, Chief, Medical Virology Section, LID, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Presentation: "Epstein-Barr Virus: Learning from Nature’s Mistakes"
- 2014 - Alyssa Hasty, PhD - Professor of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Presentation: "Exciting Discoveries Await at the Intersection of Immunology and Metabolism"
- 2013 - John A Kessler, MD - Professor of Stem Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
Presentation: "Regenerative Neurology: Gene Therapy, Stem Cells and Nanotechnology"
- 2012 - Robert Lamb, PhD ScD - Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, John Evans Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Chair, Department of Molecular Biosciences, Northwestern University
Presentation: "Paramyxovirus Entry into Cells: a Biological Machine at Work"
- 2011 - Beverly L. Davidson PhD - Roy J. Carver Professor in Internal Medicine Professor in Neurology, and Physiology & Biophysics, Director of the Gene Transfer Vector Core Associate Director of The Iowa Center for Gene Therapy, Vice Chair for Research for the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Presentation: "Emerging Therapies for Neurodegeneratve Diseases"
- 2010 - Jeffrey P. Sutton MD, PhD - Director of National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI) Houston, TX
Presentation: "Space Biomedical Research and Discovery"
- 2009 - Thomas Ried MD - Chief, Cancer Genomics Section National Cancer Institute
Presentation: "Causes and Consequences of Chromosome Aberrations in Cancer Cells"
- 2008 - William Greenough, PhD - Professor, Psychology, Cell & Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Presentation: "From Synaptic Protein Synthesis to Fragile X Syndrome: Moving Towards Translational Research"
- 2007 - Marc Garfinkel, MD - Assistant Professor of Surgery, Director of Islet Transplantation Program, University of Chicago
Presentation: "Islet Transplantation: Laboratory and Clinical Features"
- 2006 - Elliott J. Mufson, PhD - Professor, Neurological Sciences, Alla V. & Solomon Jesmer Chair in Aging Division of Neuroscience at Rush University
Presentation: "Cholinotrophic Impairment During the Progression of Alzheimer's Disease:Looking Back to See the Future"