College of Health Professions
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
Embark on the journey to become a physical therapist with a best-in-class education from a renowned institution in a fast-growing field.
In this section
Join the next generation of physical therapists
Jumpstart a rewarding career with our two-and-a-half-year Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. Gain leading-edge skills that prepare you to practice in a variety of healthcare environments.
- Highest first-time National Physical Therapy Examination pass rate in Illinois (2020–21).
- Two-and-a-half-year unified and integrated entry-level DPT program.
- Academic, clinical and research components allow students to explore specialty areas.
- Two-year average graduation rate per CAPTE criteria for the classes of 2021 and 2022 was 100%.
Where education meets application
Learn from accomplished, supportive faculty with a wide range of educational, clinical and research expertise. Gain hands-on experience through this concentrated program that will give you the skills to lead you on a dynamic career path in one of the fastest-growing healthcare fields.
- Early, experiential hands-on training in RFU’s clinic.
- Faculty-led interprofessional education and simulation provides a 360-degree lens into healthcare environments.
- Individualized learning and personal attention through small class sizes.
average graduation rate